We want to thank the 70 organizations that submitted grant proposals. The proposals covered a wide range of applications throughout the animal production industry and several proposals were outstanding.
After a thoughtful and thorough review process that included input from independent industry leaders, we are awarding almost one million dollars in C-Lock Inc. equipment to 5 outstanding proposals. The proposals selected were quite diverse, including a new application of GreenFeed in pig production, developing a regional training center for greenhouse gas measurement located in Benin, Africa, and a focused effort to improve the genetics in beef production so that more efficient and environmentally friendly animals can be produced.
We look forward to sharing more details about the selected proposals in the coming weeks.
- Nichols Farms, "Application of GreenFeed in Performance Evaluation" - Investigator: Ross Havens
- The University of Guelph, "Minimizing greenhouse gas emissions from pigs: New applications for C-Lock Inc. technologies" - Investigator: Lee-Anne Huber
- CIRAD (Centre de Coopération Internationale en Recherche Agronomie et Développement) France, "GreenFeed as an innovative tool for monitoring and mitigating enteric methane emissions in West and Central Africa"- Investigator: Mohamed Habibou Assouma
- South Dakota State University, "Final-Climate Resilient Beef- A proposal from the SDSU West River Research Station" - Investigator: Ira Parsons
- University of Wyoming, "Using Dry Matter Intake, Greenhouse Gas Emissions, and Performance to Create a Sustainability Selection Index in Beef Cattle" - Investigator: Scott Lake
We are committed to research and development. We believe that by constantly improving and refining our equipment and funding programs we are able to provide innovative solutions that meet the evolving needs of the livestock industry. Thank you to all of our current and past clients without your support, we would not be able to offer these opportunities.