Advantages of Super SmartFeed are:
– Feeding of large numbers of animals: Can feed around 100 animals a precise amount unique for each animal.
– Large bin size: The feed bin can hold around 5,000-6,000 lbs of feed. which means it can feed 100 animals 2 lbs per day of supplement without any maintenance.
– Control over the internet: View and control up to the minute feed intake for individual animals and the herd through a user friendly web interface.
– Self-Contained: The Super SmartFeed is mounted on a trailer with solar panels and can be towed at highway speeds so it is easily moved from place to place.
– Digital Readout: Each SmartFeed is equipped with its own digital readout to enable direct monitoring of feed weights during filling.
– Flexible: The Super SmartFeed can be used in almost any research or production environment and moved to new locations. Additional units can be added at any time to your SmartFeed network.
– Wireless Syncing: The Super SmartFeed will wirelessly sync with other SmartFeed units to control intake in aggregate.
– Solar and Pasture: Is operated using solar power for measurement of supplement intake on pastures or in remote locations.
– No Extra Computers: No external computers are required because each unit is self contained.
– State-Of-The-Art RFID Reader: SmartFeed can be operated in “noisy” RFID environments,
– Treatment Control: Animal access to each individual Super SmartFeed can be easily controlled to each bin on a user-specified schedule. Therefore, within one herd of animals, unique treatments can be assigned to each animal.
– Intake Control: After an animal receives a user specified amount of feed, the animal can no longer receive more feed. Unique schedules and amounts can be specified for each bin and animal.
– Intuitive User Interface: Each SmartFeed can be controlled by an easy to use online interface. There is no extra software to purchase or to load onto resident computers. Updates require no user-inputs.
The Super SmartFeed system is an automated cattle feeder typically used for any size and age of cattle or sheep. The super version has a specially designed food dispensing mechanism so that that the use by specific animals can be controlled. For example, specified animals in a herd could be allowed to use the Super SmartFeed, and other animals could be excluded from using the system. In addition, an animal’s to intake can be controlled on a daily basis, so that after a set amount of feed is received for the day, the animal is no longer allowed to recieve more feed. All settings can be controlled through an online interface. ]
In normal conditions for supplement feeding, about 100 animals per Super SmartFeed unit can be measured, however this varies depending on the animals, the quantity of feed, and the objectives. SmartFeed can alert the end-user when specific animals have either low feed consumption, or do not visit after a certain time period so that problems with the animals can be addressed quickly. The super version includes an RFID controlled gate that allows the user to set schedules of when an animal is allowed access.
Every unit is completely self-contained.
The system is modular, portable, and easy to set up. If other SmartFeed units are placed nearby, the units will automatically wirelessly sync to control total intake in aggregate. If an Internet connection is available, data is sent directly from each unit to a cloud-based server. If there is no Internet, the data will be stored locally on a USB drive until it is retrieved by the user.