Watch our Promotional Video
Advantages of SmartFeed Pro are:
– Self-Contained: SmartFeed can be easily moved and wirelessly networked as needed. Initial set-up costs are minimized.
– Digital Readout: Each SmartFeed is equipped with its own digital readout to enable direct monitoring of feed weights during filling.
– Flexible: SmartFeed can be used in almost any research or production environment and moved to new locations. Additional units can be added at any time to your SmartFeed network.
– Wireless Syncing: The SmartFeed will wirelessly synch RFID signals and data transmission. Wireless data handling means lower installation costs and ultimate flexibility.
– Online and Raw Data: All data, including raw and processed data is accessible in a secure archive with an easy to use online interface.
– Data Transmission Options: There are many options for data transmission including cellular, Wi-Fi, or Ethernet.
– Solar and Pasture: Can be operated using solar power for measurement of supplement intake on pastures or in remote locations.
– Stainless Steel: Feed bins are fabricated in durable stainless steel for easy sterilizing and power-washing.
– Back Hatch Door: SmartFeed bin comes standard with an easily-accessible door for easy clean out.
– No Extra Computers: No external computers are required because each unit is self contained.
– Varied Bin Sizes: Choose between micro (sheep), small, medium, or large bin sizes. Custom sizes are available at additional cost.
– State-Of-The-Art RFID Reader: SmartFeed can be operated in “noisy” RFID environments and in the proximity of GreenFeed.
– Cost: SmartFeed is significantly less expensive than many alternatives.
– Treatment Control: Animal access to each individual SmartFeed Pro can be easily controlled to each bin on a user-specified schedule. Therefore, within one herd of animals, unique treatments can be assigned to each animal.
– Intake Control: after an animal receives a user specified amount of feed, the animal can no longer receive more feed. Unique schedules and amounts can be specified for each bin and animal.
– Intuitive User Interface: Each SmartFeed can be controlled by an easy to use online interface. There is no extra software to purchase or to load onto resident computers. Updates require no user-inputs.
The SmartFeed Pro system is an automated cattle feeder typically used for any size and age of cattle. The “Pro” version has a specially designed door so that that the use by specific animals can be controlled. For example, specified animals in a herd could be allowed to use the SmartFeed, and other animals could be excluded from using the system. In addition, an animal’s to intake can be controlled on a daily basis, so that after a set amount of feed is received for the day, the animal is no longer allowed to recieve more feed. All settings can be controlled through an online interface. A smaller variation of this system could be used to control supplement intake on pasture.
In normal conditions, about four to seven animals per SmartFeed unit can be measured, however this varies depending on the animals, the quantity of feed, and the objectives. SmartFeed can alert the end-user when specific animals have either low feed consumption, or do not visit after a certain time period so that problems with the animals can be addressed quickly. The Pro version includes an RFID controlled gate that allows the user to set schedules of when an animal is allowed access.
The SmartFeed system includes a stainless steel TMR feed bin, RFID reader, software, and online interface. All data is automatically processed and logged so the user can access real-time residual feed intake measurements. The raw data is also made available to the user.
The solid stainless steel feed bin is durable and can be pressure-washed. There is a trap-door in the back of each feed bin so that feed can be easily removed. The bins also can be easily removed for cleaning.
Every unit is completely self-contained, the only external wire is for the AC (120 or 240 volt) or DC (12 volt) power input.
The system is modular, portable, and easy to set up. If other SmartFeed units are placed nearby, the units will automatically wirelessly sync with each other so that the units’ RFID signals do not interfere. If an Internet connection is available, data is sent directly from each unit to a cloud-based server. If there is no Internet, the data will be stored locally on a USB drive until it is retrieved by the user.
Custom bin sizes are available! Please inquire.
|Mini||32 x 30 x 60||22 x 20 x 24||6.1||81 x 152 x 76||56 x 51 x 61||0.17|
|Small||42 x 40 x 72||31 x 28 x 34||17.1||112 x 183 x 102||79 x 71 x 86||0.48|
|Medium||50 x 40 x 72||41 x 28 x 34||22.6||132 x 183 x 102||104 x 71 x 86||0.64|
|Large||60 x 40 x 72||50 x 28 x 34||27.5||158 x 183 x 102||127 x 71 x 86||0.78|